How do I disable Verbose Logging for the ConfigMgr Administrator Console now I’ve finished troubleshooting my issue?
Disabling Verbose Logging in ConfigMgr 2007 (all versions) is virtually the reverse of enabling it:
- On the machine running the Administrator Console where you want to disable Verbose Logging close the Administrator Console if it is open.
- Navigate to the “<InstallationPath>\AdminUI\bin” directory.
- Open “adminui.console.dll.config” in Notepad.
- Do a search for “SMS” which should take you to the line highlighted below:
- Change switchValue=”Verbose” to switchValue=”Error”
- Load the Configuration Manager 2007 console.
- Navigate to the “<InstallationPath>\AdminUI\SMSAdminUI.log” file which should now only log “normal” activity.
- If you no longer need the log files generated by Verbose Logging delete them, just make sure you don’t delete the following: