I am trying to build a machine but after I choose the TS to run I get “TsmBootstrap.exe – Corrupt Disk” dialog box stating:
The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the Chkdsk utility on the volume C:.‘
This is because the machine was powered off whilst the disk was being partitioned/ formatted. To resolve the error:
- Press “F8” to open a Command Prompt.
- At the “X:\sms\bin\i386>” prompt in the Command Prompt window type “diskpart” which will load Diskpart, displaying lines similar to the following:
Microsoft DiskPart version 6.1.7600
Copyright (C) 1999-2008 Microsoft Corporation.
On computer: MININT-CVM6402
- At the “DISKPART>” prompt type “select disk 0” and press RETURN. The message “Disk 0 is now the selected disk.” will be displayed.
- At the “DISKPART>” prompt type “clean” and press RETURN. The message “DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk.” will be displayed.
- At the “DISKPART>” prompt type “exit” and press RETURN. The message “Leaving DiskPart…” will be displayed and te prompt will change back to “X:\sms\bin\i386>”.
- Reboot the machine and restart the build process.