I am trying to sync my SUP on my Central Site but in the wsyncmgr.log it states:
Sync failed: WSUS server not configured. Source: CWSyncMgr::DoSync
I’ve checked that the FQDN is correct for my WSUS server and also that the “This server is a replica of the upstream server” checkbox is not selected in the WSUS Admin Console (under “Options | Update Source and Proxy Server“).
Another thing to check is the port numbers your SUP is configured to use. By default the SUP defaults to using ports 80 and 443. However, if when you install WSUS you choose to use the WSUS website rather than the default website then it defaults to using ports 8530 and 8531. If the port numbers in WSUS don’t match those the SUP is configured to use then you’ll see this error.
To change the port numbers the SUP uses once the SUP has been installed with the ConfigMgr Admin Console navigate to:
- “System Center Configuration Manager | Site Database (<site_code> – <description>) | Site Management | <site_code> – <description> | Site Settings | Component Configuration“.
- Double-click the “Software Update Point Component“.
- Change the port numbers to match those used by WSUS on the “General” tab.
- Click “OK“.
Wait for the sync to start or alternatively:
- Navigate to “System Center Configuration Manager | Site Database (<site_code> – <description>) | Site Management | <site_code> – <description> | Computer Management | Software Updates“.
- Right-click on “Update Repository” and select “Run Synchronization” from the context menu.
- Click “Yes” on the “Run Update Synchronization” dialog box.
- Monitor the “wsyncmgr.log” to check the synchronisation is working.
To easily see what Port numbers WSUS is using load up IIS Manager and click on the web site WSUS is using under the “Sites” node. Look down the “Actions” pane which will tell you which port numbers the selected web site is using.