I want to be able to delete the MDT database but I don’t see anyway of doing this. How do I delete the MDT Database?
There’s isn’t an easy, complete, uninstall process for MDT 2008. So if you want to delete the database you need to:
- Close the Deployment Workbench if it is open.
- Load SQL Server Management Studio (assuming you are using SQL 2005) and connect to the database.
- Expand the Databases node in the console.
- Right-click on the MDT database and from the context menu select Delete.
- Click OK on the Delete Object screen.
- Close SQL Server Management Studio.
- Navigate to <drive_where_MDT_installed>:\<MDT_Distribution_share_name>\Control
- Delete the Databases.xml file.